Tuesday, July 31, 2007

CHANGE (Cont'd)

I believe change truly comes from the power of God and not from us. II Corinthians 4:7 talks about being a hypocrite - I know my husband mentioned that briefly in his message last Sunday. I want to add a thought - Stop pretending to be someone you are not....just be who you are! Be real. Change - if you lie, change to tell the truth always. If you're not caring, change to be caring. If you don't take care of yourself, change to start looking good; take some pride in yourself. If you're hurting, call the 24/7 prayer line at our church and please know you will be prayed for. If you're lonely, try doing something for someone; make some cookies or brownies and take them to someone. Yesterday I took some crackers and chicken soup to a lady in our church who has missed work and church because of not feeling well. She said the crackers are the exact ones she eats. Sounds like I'm on a soapbox.......I can only speak for myself; I feel a zillion percent better when I desire a change for the better - and by all means if nothing else, do something just for you - change the color of your nail polish ....... change your way of thinking - uh-ho this one might freak you out....especially if you have a lot of negative or woe is me thinking - take a risk! Bottom Line: Change is inevitable; putting it off only delays happiness!!!

No comments: