Thursday, July 19, 2007

A couple of A-Ha Moments at Starbucks!

Yesterday was a busy day for me and topping it all off with 3rd Wednesday, about 4-ish p.m. I told my hubby I was heading out to Starbucks to get my second wind......I had one of the employees discuss how much he loved working at Starbucks and began to tell me how much he gives out to make it a great experience for whomever he serves. To me, they give the customer what they want and to me it is exactly the way you like it. If not, they'll fix it the way you want it! The employee ("Barista") also stated he had been working extra shifts to help fund his College in the fall. I could definitely relate.....One of my first jobs was a "Soda Fountain Attendant" where I made malts, sodas, etc. at a Drugstore to fund my Freshman Year in College. I wanted to leave some encouraging words to him, which I feel I did.....at the same time, I was remembering the customers who sat in my particular area at the Drugstore who left super compliments to me. An added note......Starbucks has new lunch packs...sandwich, fruit or individual salads. What will they think of next? .....What an A-Ha moment.........Being at Starbucks, reading the "New York Times" newspaper while sipping my favorite latte!!!!

No comments: