Thursday, July 26, 2007

SERVING

Serving means giving up the right to control your schedule and allowing God to interrupt it whenever He needs to. Real servers pay attention to need and with much dedication to the task. Last night I had the privilege of going to a function regarding Women's Health and meeting a great staff of OB/GYN employees as well as Doctors and Nurse Practitioners. To see these people in a completely relaxed, social atmosphere as they "served" each attendee amazed me! I count on God and Him alone for my health and strength, but to know this particular medical profession have the answers to my health issues and for them to extend their service and answer any questions presented to them was way beyond my comprehension. But they did! Their staff was so cordial and serving everyone there a delicious meal of at least four or five entrees. Even though I proudly say I love to serve, I definitely felt served and find that in the medical profession, these people come by it naturally and devotedly!

No comments: