Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Parenting

I found this quote by Dr. Spock "In automobile terms, the child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering." Dr. Dobson says: "To apply consistent, loving discipline—resulting in mutual respect and self-control." A Pastor we know says "A child not only has to have esteem and acceptance, he's got to have affection." (Love with skin on it.) My husband always uses the Bible Verse Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a Child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." Training means lots of patience, but we have to train. Recently I dealt with a lady that, to put it bluntly, was saying discouraging words about her husband to the children. At first I didn't believe it and I'm sure my mouth flew open in disbelief. It was almost as if she was playing a game and wanted to children to "love her more than him." I thought to myself, what in the world is this world coming to? That's disgusting! Well, just go ahead and destroy your home in a matter of 2 seconds! Rules are made to be fair. And I admonish ladies daily regarding parenting: Do not degrade or cast a shadow of doubt on your child's Father while he is out providing for the family! My husband held a "Child Discipline" Seminar. One of the men actually spoke up and said the kids told him it was happening and he felt the "put down." Ladies, Women, Wonderful Girls......The principles and fairness of marriage remains the same for both Father and Mother and for all time. God's principles, as well as His character are immutable. I know it sounds like I am on a soapbox but when I heard that, I couldn't wait until morning to blog on parenting. Give me a call.....if you're considering being "unfair regarding parenting." I definitely care!!!!

No comments: