Monday, July 9, 2007

Positive Thoughts on Being a Grandma

I'm totally convinced when a person who is a Grandma "gives up" negative thinking and replaces it with positive thoughts concerning events, conversations, and downright living a Grandma life, there is a change in their attitude and the way they relate to these adorable, precious, amazingly incredible kids! I am doing the thing I love most this week - "Grandma-ing" - I don't have to work at being a Grandma...I AM A GRANDMA and dearly and deeply love it - from the depths of my heart! All the things Grandkids do that are so positive just gets my motor going! To name a few Reading very difficult words in a book and 6 years of age..... Winning at a game on the computer that enhances intelligence regarding words, etc.....at 9 years of age......The creativity they have in writing what they want to say for the "Grandma Room." Another thing.....not minding to have their pictures taken a zillion times..........and most of all, all the things they recite for Grandma just before I declare them an unrecognized genius! No one who has not known this inestimable privilege can possibly realize the great life one can have until they are Grandma. These Grandkids provide me with some of my proudest occasions, some of my tenderest experiences, and without question, some of my funniest moments! These memories will go on forever. I'm definitely known as the "Chuck E. Cheese Grandma" CEC has gotten so hi-tech now and believe you me, our Grandkids can master-mind all it takes to win and rack up the prize points. It's amazing! Being a Grandma is the true joy of life and I will embrace these hours and hours of pure enjoyment and appreciate the time I do have with them and say a gigantic Thank You to their parents for allowing me this grand privilege! After all............GRANDPARENTS ARE TO CHILDREN .............what SUNSHINE IS TO FLOWERS!

No comments: