Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Homemade Cards

Yep I'm hooked! With the exception of one Sister, all the others have an August Birthday. I have oooed and aweeeed over our daughter-in-law's magnificent homemade cards. Her Creative room is prettier than Michael's or Hobby Lobby for sure! This year for Mother's Day they blessed me with a beautiful "Stampin' Up! Card Kits." (Note: plural "kits) Last night before tucking in for bed, my last thought was I can't wait to get up on Wednesday and get all the birthday cards made! Much to my amazement, I finished at 5:42 a.m. (I'm not even going to say what time I got up.......caring word of advice.....don't do a TO DO reminder before falling to sleep!) :(

All I can say is - it was tons of fun and I will definitely brag to her on my accomplishments! There is an art to it (a little play on words)........and that is knowing what the recepient likes (i.e. colors, collections, etc.) and just put your whole heart and love into it! ......and going with the flow.......I've tried knitting, crocheting, tennis, sewing, keyboarding, but I'm sure this will be my main hobby......why??? because after the cards are made, it's a done deal: address, seal and mail! Waaaaaay cool!

No comments: