Monday, June 4, 2007

There's That Word Again...JOY!!!!

As I think about the days of our lives, I can't help but feel an urgency - Dear Sister and Brother - I'll say it again - all you and I have is today! Only this one day we can be JOYFUL! Therefore, as we seek a heart of wisdom, we have to pray over our day of potential! We need God's clear direction and challenge for our one day! Without it we won't care about the day....or about others. We'll indulge ourselves, shirk our work, and spend God's golden minutes on the foolishness of this world! What are your priorities - to better your life or make someone else's life miserable? Think about it - the Old Testament admonishes time and time again to "Tend to your own lamp." .........for wisdom (& in wisdom I feel joy) is better than rubies, and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.....Proverbs 8:11
Bottom Line: Spread a little JOY around! (When bitterness sets in, it's too late!)

2 comments:

Geneva said...

How beautiful!! Oh I wish I had read this on Monday :0) It has been a crazy week and this really touched my heart!!

Thank you!
Hugs,
Geneva

Carol Donnelson said...

Thank you Geneva! See you at "early coffee" in Dockside! Thanks for the sacrifices you make to come early even though Church Service begins at 10 a.m. Have a super evening!