Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Praise Vs. Blame

One of the most unavoidable life lessons is having to deal with the disapproval of others. Look for the approval of God and there will not be a problem! Praise and blame are really all the same in a fancy way of reminding yourself of the old saying "you'll never be able to please all the people all the time." When I think of victory in politics - one candidate secures 55 percent of the vote, he or she is left with 45 percent of the population wishing someone else were the winner. Pretty humbling, hu? The truth is, everyone has their own set of ideas with which to evaluate life and our ideas don't always match those of other people. There is definitely a struggle against this inevitable fact.
I find that there are many days when I experience both praise and blame. One phone call delivers good news, another announces a new issue to deal with. On person is angry, the other person happy with the way things are. Someone gets rebellious against rules, the other looks for the Bible answer. This back and forth, good and bad, approval and disapproval is a part of everyone's life. I would rather praise any day than blame! The Bible says "Praise the Lord, oh my soul and all that is within me Praise His Holy name!" The "Blame Game" will eat up the beautiful soul of a what used to be "Praise Person." I choose Praise! Especially for the glorious day my hubby and I had yesterday.......in a storm on the Lake, but praising God for some much needed relaxation!!!! (No sense in "blaming" the weather....the weather can't help it) but "Praise" God we remembered a blanket to share... -- (heavy rain can be very cold as we very well experienced!) Ever had a picnic in a storm? Hey - we praise God the storm didn't sweep us away down the Lake.......(Amen on that one!!) I hope your choice is PRAISE for the great things God has done! As the song says, "How can I say thanks for the things He has done for me....." Another song, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow...." I could blog all day on Praising!!! He's been so good to us!!!

No comments: