Sunday, June 17, 2007

GOALS

It's never too late to have goals. When I think about Father's Day of course I am so happy for each and every DAD because I honor and cherish them! I was reading about some Fathers who had goals; it didn't matterwhat their age was!
Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel on his back on a scafford at near age 90.
Strauss was still composing serious music after his 80th birthday!
Benjamin Franklin served his country in France at age 78 and wrote his autobiography at over 80.
John Wesley, at age 83 was annoyed that he could not write more than 15 hours a day and at 86 was frustrated that he could not preach more than twice a day.
Obviously these men never stopped using thir minds and undertaking new laborious and creative challenges, and I don't think we shoulld either! What a wonderful gift God has given us to have goals and accomplish them! My love goes out to all Dads and I hope you have the best day ever!!!!!

No comments: