Monday, June 18, 2007

Gratitude

Gratitude beats guilt and self-criticism....all the time! It makes me wonder how many women spend wasted time on being so critical of their self when all we have to do is think about how blessed and grateful we should be! We create splendid memories for which I am a very grateful person today after having the privilege of having our entire family here. I do not hestitate to say for one minute to say it was a "privilege!" To me, it was a party....a phenomenal mixture of everyone at the table, eating a delicious meal, relaxing, just enjoying each other's company with a great kindred spirit; just to see each other's happiness in and of how they wanted to share it ... I'm grasping for words to fully explain my gratitude because I know how busy our family is and to take the time to come to Mom and Dad's home and enjoy everything!
In thinking about the place we call home. We have little control over most of the events of our lives, but we do have a measure of control over the atmosphere and the order and smooth running of our home. What's inside our doors and under our roof is our sphere. It's our place. By and large, it's a sphere and a place we build, watch over, manage, and love. So why shouldn't we dive in and do it with great passion, love, and happiness? I know women who have trouble getting excited about taking care of their homes. And I know women who have written off homemaking as a worthless occupation. These may sound like random comments, but to me I pillowed my head to a tremendous sleep and rest last night and awakened very grateful for every single precious person that was here to love, laugh, and enjoy life! I asked God to give me everything that I might enjoy life; He gave me life.......that I might enjoy everything!! Happy Monday!

No comments: