Thursday, June 21, 2007

An Incessant Encourager - A Friend

I have a friend who is such an encourager. She constantly sends me little notes of appreciation...for no reason at all. One day a tiny "Pooh Bear" card arrived in the mail with a terrific note "Remember in Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unfair, he will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your life to Him by caring for other Christians (like me), as you still do." With this incessant encourager, how could I possibly not nurture this friendship. A real friend is one who helps us to think our best thoughts, do our noblest deeds, and be our finest selves. I'm the world's greatest at keeping ENCOURAGING CARDS, E-MAILS, BLOGS, NOTES, my own kids' cards or notes to Mom--- great creative letters or things our Grandkids make when they are here........there's a world of incessant encouragement and I am blessed to count my many blessings this day!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Carol,
This is such a great subject to touch on. I enjoy sending people things in the mail unexpectedly because the greatest part is that they were not expecting it. Carol I am glad that you have a great friend that does that. God blesses us with people and things when we least expect them. The Lord blessed me with four beautiful children to encourage, laugh, nuture, to teach, and guide. My hope is that they each will encourage each other to do better when one starts to fall. Each be blessed to have great wonderful friends that will encourage them and vice versa.

Carol Donnelson said...

Mary, keep up the great work with your kids. Hold close.....Proverbs 22:6 A courageous heart as a Mom for better communication and conflict resolution and admonishing them to seek friends who are winners.
I am blessed to have so many friends; sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day to keep up. A friend came over to the church Thursday (while on vacation from work). Another incessant encourager. You are right...."a great subject to touch on."