Monday, June 25, 2007

The Joy Of Being a PW (Pastor's Wife)

Yesterday I received a beautiful card in my IN box at Church. I truly want to share it because not only has it made my day, but my century! To My Pastor's Wife Carol. A pastor's wife must be many things, you have so many hats to wear, and I want to say thanks for all you do and lift you up in prayer. You adjust your life to meet the needs of helping us so much and helping us cope with a lot of situations. Your presence blesses all of us who know you from day to day. You are always serving God, especially your husband and all the ladies in a fine and worthy way and I appreciate all you do! You mean the world to me!!!! Thanks for just being YOU.
It could not have come at a more perfect timing. The previous week was unbelievably full of life's inescapables; and many problems to solve. Plus the fact that our daughter left to go out of State and then the air conditioning not working in Fellowship Hall...........I surely was not drowning, but looking for an answer to why me Lord? I've always been a "Nip it in the bud" and love the "share it with me now, so we can pray about it person." You never know who needs a word of encouragement. The great card, and the many visitors that our Welcome Announcer brought to Church and the super great Q&A plus the main event...... the great message my husband gave on I Peter series made my day! God always knows what we need. It will never be gloom and doom for me! I'm looking forward today to holding a brand new baby that was born Saturday today (one of our young couples) as I am going to take a caserole to the newly proud Mom and Dad as they come home from the hospital with him. He is indeed precious!
Happy Monday!
Bottom Line: There is no other fulfillment like that of being all God wants me to be as a PW!

No comments: