Saturday, June 2, 2007

PERSONALITY

One of the fundamental differences between men and women is the way they express love. Men are goal-oriented and express love by doing, while women are relationship-oriented and express love by being. A woman may say "I love you" by touching, stroking, caressing, and talking. A man, on theother hand, shows love by doing such things as going to work and earning a living. My husband's love language is seldom verbal. He excels in demonstrating his love by doing things for me. If he has a day off and I'm out doing Outreach, he often cleans the house and has dinner ready when I get home. I believe we as women need to accept our husband's efforts. I need to grant him the uncommon luxury of being himself. His personality is different from mine, therefore it brings on a new endeavor to maximize my husband's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I always make a daily habit to think on the qualities that drew us together (I might add 42 years ago!!). It renews my love for him. Personality? Yes! His personality plus my acceptance makes for a great combination!
Okay, now I'm headed to Starbuck's to get my Saturday started. After having the two most precious grandkids in the Universe for a couple of days (& having a super fantastic time...) I have a busy day, so I need to get up and moving........I'm grateful I only live 2 1/2 blocks from the world's best motivator!!! :-)

No comments: