Monday, April 30, 2007

WHAT COULD BE ADVERSITY TURNED TO TRIUMPH!

I'm thanking God for the quality friends and family who called to see how my filling in for my husband went yesterday. It's amazing in one hour what did happen (& I can honestly say it was a humbling experience) because the Christ in me just developed a "fun" personality and a good sense of humor. I can always remember my kids saying, "Mom just have fun and relax." And that's just what I did - It was definitely a God thing! He gave me perfect peace as the Service began. There was a bad technical problem but fortunately a lady in the congregation knew what to do! (Sigh of relief!). Of course, the gentleman who does the welcome videoed his message and then with my husband giving a great Sermon on Video "Disaster in One's Life." I can truly say we all had a great time and the response from the congregation was FANTASTIC! It brought tears to my eyes for the tremendous amount of love and support they gave me in the absence of my husband. According to Proverbs 27:17, iron sharpens iron, so friends sharpen the minds of each other. As we learn from each other, may we find a worthy purpose in our relationships. I know my husband entrusted me with a huge task and I feel definitely certain that I pleased God in all ways. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement, love and kindness shown! I cannot be grateful enough. As we go into this new week I pray that any adversity that comes your way will be turned into triumph!

No comments: