Monday, April 9, 2007

6 P.M. vs. 6 A.M.

It was definitely a lesson in patience and endurance. Four and one-half hours with Internet Servers "down" - It's finally up! Yea!!!!
During the "hold" times I've been thinking that the heart that once loved to have its own way now must give in and lean toward God. I've been reading the book of Psalms regarding a broken and contrite heart before Him - He is tenderly calling for us to break from the trust we place in our power, position, or even passions. He is calling for us to turn from those ways where we tend to keep ourselves isolated to caring for others. I believe He is urging us to offer our hearts to God, who gives us our cues for living. Imagine what it must be like to face a cross! The strength of God is for those who understand weakness. And where does such strength come from? "Morning by morning" the ear of the faithful is tuned and taught in the presence of God, in the presence of what I would call Majestic Humility. Here is where we find a servant's heart, prepared to speak a servant's word, and find the strength to live a servant's life. Servants called to serve in a weary world. I want to hear Him "Well done thou good and faithful Servant....enter now into the JOY of the Lord! My cup runneth over from yesterday's victories and I'm sure your's is also! Good night!

No comments: