Thursday, April 26, 2007

BEING THANKFUL FOR YOUR HUSBAND

One of the most overlooked areas in a marriage, I believe is when a wife isn't thankful for what her husband is about. Even telling him how thankful that he earns a living. I've even seen wives who work try to measure up what they do and seem so selfish, leaving out the gratitude for him. I call that "What about me Syndrome??? What about me? What about me???" One woman asked me, what should I be thankful for? Hello.....his consideration for parents and family; his readiness to help a friend, his willingness to spend time with the kids (don't let the idea that this something he SHOULD do get in the way), his helping around the house, his timeliness, his integrity, his sense of humor....the list could go on and on! One thing in all our years of marriage I have purposely tried to be very thankful and make it a point to remember is the expression on my face and the first comment I make when he walks in the door after a tiring day's work. As he opens the door and I greet him; is my face "wreathed" with a smile and am I thankful he is home? Bottom Line: Thank you. These are two words that bless the hearer and should tumble from our lips daily.

No comments: