Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring has Sprung

Okay spring is beginning to blossom out and the rose bush in our front yard must have a thousand off-white roses on it! There's enough that I diagonally cut off to have a gorgeous bouquet for the Dining Room table. I love spring to see all the magnificent yards; of course it takes, I'm sure, many hours of hard work! My Dad was a Horticulturist before he became a Crysler car mechanic. Sometimes my sisters and I would watch for hours him digging in the front yard to plant flowers, bushes and at one time planted an oak tree. I always felt like it was a waste of time and energy just to watch. I'm a DOER. But, we had to obey our Dad and "just watch."
Some random thoughts....Spring reminds me of all the insight and wisdom we could have if we would just GROW in the knowledge we have by studying His Word. Wow! Could we ever assimilate the information and use it to MAXIMUM advantage. I'm truly asking God to give families the abilities to concentrate and focus efforts so that we all can successfully enjoy Spring! "Sounds like a global praye,r" as my husband always says, but I'm willing to give it my time! Oh, and I still believe the "old-fashioned" way of sending a cheery Spring card with an encouraging word! Yesterday I sent 2 cards and think I'll find the time after appointments to send 2 more today. I'm looking forward to the fun in looking for JUST the right card to cheer up someone who might be hurting and in pain. I know just the one special card is there!

1 comment:

Angie Jacobs said...

I love your blog. I have just gotten the time to read all of April's messages. You are a constant inspiration for me. You say that you are a "doer" and that is what I need to work on. I think about it and think about it, until I forget about it. I am working on the same dedication you have with your blog to start journaling prayers and see how God works.

Angie J