Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sticky Notes

I can remember a series of messages my husband did on the Book of Revelation and his final question each week would be "How would you like to start over?" This is exactly what I am doing today. The blog was there and then disappeared. Technical support says it is due to Servers down.
Today I am very thankful for all your sharing either by comments or e-mails. I want to answer Angie J.'s comment about "Journaling Prayers." Yes, as soon as I get up - I think of my husband first and put the amount of sugar he likes in his coffee. Then, I pour myself a cup of coffee and begin to journal. Where? On sticky notes! What's fun is to get a spiral notebook and arrange all the sticky notes. I have every color Staples Office Supply has. I can remember when our daughter had the coolest sticker books; there were every kind imaginable. So, that's where I got the idea. So, these sticky notes (even though they are small) fit perfectly for journaling daily prayers. One more word regarding sticky notes. Never remove any sticky notes your husband has on his desk. My husband knows exactly where each one is located and moving one could cause chaos in our home! :) Actually there's a new kind out that even stick to your purse or will stay stuck in your pocket if you forget to take them out before laundering. The questions come to me right and left: "Carol, why in the world are you so happy?" Several years ago I learned about mid-way through the week, have a lighter side to life or you'll get bogged down with worry, uncertainties, trouble, etc. by not doing something for fun. Journaling prayers became fun as I thought of a way to begin, "STICK" with it and make it a better me!

4 comments:

Angie said...

In regards to journaling, I came across an entry dated Wed. July 17, 1985 where I had written the words of a hymn "Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here. Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment I've no cause for worry or for fear---one of the things I was praying back then was for a jacket for my oldest son and a new pair of tennis shoes. It is amazing to see how the Lord answered prayers back then, is answering NOW and will be answering tmorrow. Yes I keep a prayer journal.

Cheryl said...

Well hot diggity, I believe you girls are on to something special! Now I don't want to miss out on any blessings available and y'all have inspired me to journal too! Sticky notes I can definitely do, but it seems everytime I start a journal I either start using it for something else, one of the kids takes it and uses it (think of that, your deepest thoughts shared with teenagers), or my personal favorite---I accidentally hide it from myself!
Maybe I will just cover a wall in my closet with my sticky note journaled prayers, then I won't lose them. Seriously Coach Carol you have some great ideas! Your in great company too--every well known woman bible teacher I watch or read (like Beth Moore, Joyce Meyer and lots of others I'm sure) have all mentioned journaling prayers. Sometimes I might be a little slow to catch on, but I'm definitely on the bandwagon now!

Love y'all

Carol Donnelson said...

It's so great to read comments, like I say either on the Blog or e-mail. What enjoyment! Some day if I can ever figure out how to post a picture, I will show you my desk - at this moment there are 4 sizes of sticky notes and one is a star sticky pad which belongs to our granddaughter when she comes over (she is definitely a star!)- whatever your sticky note pad is, I am so happy you want to journal your prayers - and even organize according to category...just a sticky note of gratitude, Cheryl and Angie..be blessed, both of you, THIS DAY!

Mary said...

Carol,

I keep a prayer spiral with me and I enjoy writing in it. I thank God for all blessings and prayers, the ones has anwered and the ones that will come to pass. I write in it every night or during the day sometimes.