Friday, April 27, 2007

Comforting, Caring Thoughts

I was certainly surprised when a friend of mine whom I've known for about 15 years just out of the clear blue called me the other day. She began to explain to me how she always missed my high energy level and the fact that I was always very joyful. Then she asked that I help her because over and over again, she is climbing out of a bottomless pit she seems to get herself into. Actually the only comforting, caring thoughts I could give her is "Nothing is impossible, when you place ALL TRUST in God." Matthew 18: 12-14 is comforting. Here's a great comforting thought. If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, he is happier about that one sheep than about the minety-nine that did not wander off? I explained to her that our Heavenly Father in heaven is not willing that any of His sheep should be lost. He cares about every tiny detail on our life. He wants to LIFT her out of that pit - He found her! She was worthless, but He saw promise. She was afraid to change, but He cut through her fear. She is alone, but He sent her the message to pick up the phone and call another Christian friend to listen and comfort. She commented how extremely comforting that is. I told her that is what happens when we all place our TRUST in God's comforting fold. He forgives our sins and provides a joyous, new life in Him. We both ended up chuckling and almost said at the same time, "Thank You God for seeing us as a sheep worth everything to you!" That my dear friend is comforting! He's always there picking up the broken pieces, mending us, and helping us GROW again! Care about someone today; Friday is always a great day!

No comments: