Tuesday, April 24, 2007

UNDERTAKING A NEW PROJECT

The answer is "Yes" we have some sore muscles from the undertaking of a new project yesterday - yard work! Before you sign out on my blog today, hear me out. While my husband was in the front yard mowing, I was in the back yard sweeping the leaves from fall! Then, while he was in the back yard, I was in the front yard with a pen and paper deciding what plants would be needed to be planted in the bare spots. I'm not saying what time we finished, but after finishing, coming in, opening all the windows and again enjoying the fresh air, we were back in the spring clean-up major discarding odds n' ends that we decided we didn't need any more.
I'm a neat freak when it comes to organizing closets. I've heard the statement "Clean out your own closet" so many times while I was in Bible College, that I take it seriously to having it looking what I call neat as a pin!
Oh - the most fun part was my husband and I devising a course of action and to finish the yard (in one day!) No, we probably won't get "Yard of the Month" but I'm learning more and more how to plant perannuals, because more Patience is what I need at the first yard work. It's nice to stand back and be thankful it was a nice cool day to undertake a such a new project.
I was patting ourselves on the back and thought of a great Bible verse, Luke 12:2 "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed: neither hid, that shall not be known." I can't wait until these beautiful flowers are growing. Thank you, Lord for granting me strength to finish a "fun project," giving daily provisions, and your unfailing love. Your counsel is so sensible and right. Your wisdom is sure and true. Thank you for our beautiful world. Again, I ask for you to help us always to be wise through YOUR counsel.

No comments: