Monday, April 2, 2007

Endurance

I've found that once I begin crashing through quitting points, I must commit myself to developing endurance in every area of my life! This involves establishing a pattern of pushing myself a little beyond where I feel comfortable. Everyone knows I walk at the mall, but for some reason getting from one end to the other just ONE more time pushes me to press on until I FINISH. It makes my workout complete!
When I have finished studying for Women of Worth W.O.W. class, which I teach bi-monthly, I try to take one more half hour and give it just a little more work. All of this challenges my endurance level. What's the reward? In the Bible, James 1 ... "consider it pure joy when facing struggles that demand endurance. " I interpret that as "Keep on keepin' on" even if it is Monday! Just endure - Friday will be here before you know it!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that statement Carol, "crashing through quitting points", it will be my motto for the day! I awoke this morning with a stinky feeling and the beginnings of a bad attitude. Thank our Gracious Lord, He got my attention on it fast and I actually responded (good for me, I don't also do that). I was reminded and just spoke out loud "this is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"---it was like I was given a happy injection when I did. My attitude is much improved and I now feel that I can face all the challenges, with my friend Jesus' help, that come my way today and go "crashing through my quitting points"
Love and Blessings to you all!

Angie said...

The Lord is teaching me to endure in my prayer life. Seems like I've been praying for certain things for a loooong time and have wondered if the Lord is working or even listening. Well this morning i got a little light that came through this (what seems darkness)sometimes.Praise God! He showed me that "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man(woman)(in my case) availeth much James 5:16b.

Carol Donnelson said...

Thank Y'all for the tremendous comments. Not only do I really love blogging but the comments mean to much. It's like making a cake and y'all put the icing on. Cheryl and Angie "Sistas" - be blessed and thanks for sharing!