Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Truth

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free has always been one of my favorite Bible verses - one I memorized long before I understood what it meant. I've since learned that you can't know the truth until you're willing to know yourself and vice versa. Knowing yourself is a lifelong process, with the biggest lessons often emerging from your biggest mistakes.

My biggest mistakes in life have all stemmed from giving my power to someone else - believing that the love others had to offer was more important than the love I had to give to myself. What is the truth of your life? It's your duty to know.

The truth is that which feel right and good and loving. Love doesn't hurt. It feels really good. It's that which allows you to live every day with integrity. Everything you do and say shows the world who you really are. Let it be the truth!

No comments: