Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do I?? Don't I????

Okay, due to persuasive e-mails I received this morning (my morning begins incredibly early as you know) I questioned Do I or Don't I blog on MY SPECIAL DAY, MOTHER'S DAY??? Then I remembered a Book my kids got me when their were in their teen years that I keep close by on the shelf called "Mother, Thank You For All Your Love." Obviously it's a book of poetry writings on thankfulness that I'm their Mom. Here's one:
"Mother, I Will Love You All My Days"

Thanks, Mom,
for always watching over me,
but also for instilling in me your
own confident independence and self-reliance,
your natural wisdom and compassion.
I will live all my days in the love you've
given me, which I return with all my heart.


I'm one blessed Mom as they make me feel extraordinary, splendid, delightful, terrific and the list goes on and on. Today I shall lather in the joy of Motherhood! I've already heard from both of them and it makes me so happy to be their Mom; I am so humbled because I don't feel it's all about me, it's about them, but then it's called "Mother's Day" so I'll have to just do nothing but ENJOY it and be ever so thankful!

See ya in Church - that's where I'll be this a.m. wearing a beautiful white flower in memory of my own Mom who has been a fabulous memory since her passing in 1970 and my husband wearing a white flower for the first time since his Mom passed at the end of 2008.

I'm so glad I made the "Do I??" choice. yea!!!!!

No comments: