Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trust -

It used to be.......

I'm being very honest and transparent about this. What a disappointment to know what you thought you could trust the person you shared, but now they can't wait to tell the person what you said! How do you know? But when it boils right down to it, you could be chasing rabbits as I call it because what if you to told the husband and he happened to mention it to his wife and she is the one spreading it to the person? I see that happen a lot, due to jealousy because you talk to the husband and not her.

Too negative and I'm not going to let it spoil my great time with that person! Because it's "third hand information." Little by little, I feel the Lord peel away the layers of forgiveness I need to have for the person who betrays my trust. Does it hurt? You bet it does. I thank the Lord for helping me to back off so I can look at all these hurts and have a better perspective. Thank the Lord for showing me how to love them with a love that comes from Him, even when all is not right. I realize now I don't have to agree with them in order to forgive. I will trust again, but the lesson in trust is if you don't want it told, don't say it! People can't wait to tell someone what you said, so they can be the hero of information!

C ya in church tomorrow - 10 a.m. :=)

No comments: