Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Question: Why So Much Criticism?

Yesterday for our Date Day we chose Olive Garden. They have a scrumptuous Soup/Salad for $5.99 (all you can eat) for lunch only. When you walk in the Restaurant right outside by the main entrance is a sign with the Manager's full name and of course also reading General Manager. As we were finishing our lunch, she came over and as I looked up saw her name embroided on the Chef jacket outfit she had on.....she proceeded to say we were chosen on our bill to be the customers that get $10 off if we go on line to this site and give our criticism of Olive Garden and how we were treated. My husband and I thanked her, but told her we don't have any criticism; all service, food, etc. has been fantastic! So, as she stood and talked to us, she said that is how she surveys and manages her skills at the restaurant to improve customer service. Hmmmm.......of course I filled out the servey, but on a scale from 1-5, 5 being the best; that was our rating.

On the other hand, I can see why she wants to hear the negative because it gives her higher goals to reach. And the truth is we go in to have a date with each other and bond together after a very busy week. Also to enjoy a nice lunch....the answer to my own question - why so much criticism would make me not want to go back in that restaurant if it's that bad.....looks like it is defeating its own purpose. Oh, well, I will joyfully use my $10 coupon word....and this time devour the breadsticks which are so delicious to take home and reheat....so that's my take on restaurant surveys and gratitude for just being able to give my opinion! Whoopee!!!!!

See ya in church tomorrow. My husband has a fabulous Father's Day message...come on Dads.....you will also receive a neat gift for ccoming as we celebrate Father's Day 2008!!!

No comments: