Saturday, May 5, 2007

What does it mean to RESTORE?

The word RESTORE means to bring back to the first state of condition; to recover again. I've been reading the book of Psalms lately. In Psalms 51:12 it says "RESTORE unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit." God cleanses us and gives us a firm and fixed spirit. I've seen many women who like to restore old furniture. They strip all the old varnish and restore the piece of furniture to its original color. It takes a great deal of time to bring out the beauty that had been hidden for so long.
I received the most phenomenal e-mail from a friend I worked with for many years. At the bottom of her e-mail she had this question. "Did anyone tell you how beautiful you look when you find beauty in someone else?" That question gripped my heart. As I sum up the week, I think of all the subjects God placed on my mind to write and I would say RESTORE means to truly find that beauty in someone else and don't be so self-centered that our life is not experiencing the free spirit, the joy of the Lord and finding the beauty in SOMEONE ELSE. The worth of the soul to be RESTORED with the touch of the Master's hand is my heart's desire. Is it your's?

No comments: