Wednesday, May 30, 2007

JOY UNSPEAKABLE

Real joy is found within our own heart- it is a sign of spiritual maturity. Real joy is found in doing the will of God. Scientists have been studying the effect of laughter on human beings and have found, among other things that laughter has a profound and instaneous effect on virtually every important organ in the human body. Laughter or joy reduces tensions and relaxes the tissues as well as exercising the most vital organs. What is the source of our joy? Some are dependent on the mood of others to make them happy. When things do not go to their own liking they become hard to live with and often make the lives of those who are around them miserable. Then there are those who make our lives a joy just by association. When you are with them you cannot help but have joy also, for it is contagious.
My hubby and I were watching the weather report on TV last night and all of a sudden, we both started laughing at exactly the same time. We were actually laughing at the same thing! We both knew that the National Weather Guy was pronouncing a town wrong as we used to live in that state; so instead of criticizing him, we burst out in laughter. And then we "joyfully" started laughing at each other's laughing! It's definitely contagious to be joyful! Nehemiah 8:10b "The JOY of the Lord is ...... our strength! And as the song says "It's joy unspeakable and full of glory....full of glory......."

5 comments:

Geneva said...

And you are just such a person!! I know who to go to when I need a lift, a little (or a lot) of encouragement or even when I just need a joyful friend!!

THANK YOU for being YOU!
Geneva

Mary said...

Hey Carol,

This is a great blog.

Mary

Carol Donnelson said...

Thanks for comments Geneva and Mary. Today's Blog talks about being an Encourager. It's apparent you both are readers of my Blog and have an amazingly incredible spirit of Encouragement. Be blessed and have a very happy Thursday!
EOM (End of Month) :-)
ILB (I Love Blogging) :-)

Angie said...

I'm a day late reading and responding I had something bad to eat and was in bed all day yesterday but I didn't loose my joy. The world didn't give it to me so the world can't take it away. I've always used the word JOY to stand for Jesus first, Others second and Yourself last. Try it, You'll like it besides it's not all about us.

Carol Donnelson said...

Totally aswesme Angie. Hope you're feeling better. I have heard JOY as my goal and life's message also.