Thursday, May 10, 2007

GRANDMA

When I blog on being a Mom/Momma I'm reminded of the great promotion I have of being a "Grandma." Having several Sisters (literally in my family and Christian family) I have heard every title in the book! My Grandma was actually called Maam-ma - what a godly lady!!!! Now I could write an Epistle on being a Grandma with the two most awesome Grandkids in the entire Universe! They both offer a smile of delight, a soft cheek to snuggle, a warm embrace, and a proud gaze! Those kids are so smart - honestly from the first time their parents would drive to our home, each one of the kids when they were at a VERY YOUNG age knew the street their parents were turning on to see us! From the moment I became a Grandma I have cherished the chance to see a new generation grow, participating in each one's explorations and have experienced with enthusiasm (renewed energy) each time I see them! I manifest that love not only in hugs and kisses (& banana bread) but also in my consistent support in ANY AND ALL achievements. As I came to realizing what a miracle of God grandchildren are, my first articulated feeling was actually one of utmost respect! Of course our Grandson is only in K5 but when you come for a visit, I have an official Grandma Room! And our Granddaughter wrote me a letter and I have framed it - "Grandma do you know I love coming to your house. I love Chuck E. Cheese and the fun, but most of all I love you. I could go on and on and on but I don't want to write all day. I love you." There's a stick picture of us that she drew. Awesome!
Beauty is accepting what you, who you are.....a wife, Mom, Grandma, etc. Ugliness is when you try to be something else! We turn not older with years, but newer every day! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I can honestly agree that everything Grandma Carol says about her grandkids is true! Being "aunt" Cheryl I also had the opportunity to see one of those little prizes of Carol's only a few minutes after birth. I remember how excited Grandma was and the proud look she wore when she saw that beautiful grandson.
I have watched those little ones grow and love them dearly too. So I guess my point here is this: love and caring doesn't just have to be saved for those in your bloodline---spread your love around! Children are a gift from God and WE get the priviledge of taking care of them. So cherish every moment you get to spend with your children, neices, nephews, your chidren's friends, grandkids or whomever. You may be the difference in a child's life so take time to enjoy them, they grow too quickly and the opportunity will pass you by if you don't pay attention.

I would love to hear some stories from the rest of you "sista's" about how special your kids and/or grandkids are. Come on it's Mother's Day so brag!

Prayers and blessings