Sunday, May 13, 2007

MOTHERHOOD

Motherhood is much more important than a role. A role is something you play; motherhood is something you live.....Motherhood is for real; roles are symbolic. Roles can be changed while motherhood is for life. Motherhood has had a rough trot of it over the past few decades, falling in and out and now has found favor even with pop stars who are willing to give it a go. I believe a Mother should give her children a superabundance of enthusiasm and support! I know my kids are grown adults, but I love them so deeply and I learned after they were leaving home to the adult world to give them "wings to fly." Though no Mom can make a brand-new start, she can start from now and make a brand-new ending! I love people, I love my Mamma dearly who is in Heaven and today I will give tremendous honor to my Mother-in-Law as I talk to her on the cell phone because she lives out of state.
I know many of us have already begun the celebration of our honorable day. Last night I was treated like a queen as my Son and Daughter-in-law took me to eat at one of my very favorite places and presented me with so much love and a fantastic creative gift I definitely appreciate. Since our Daughter is on a trip, however, before she left presented me an invitation to spend the entire day with me. It's like our Son always says, "Mom you will always be my Mom." And our daughter "Thank you for giving me life." Thank God for such truth! Happy Mother's Day! My next big event is celebrating all the Mothers at Church! See you at 10 a.m. :)

No comments: