Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Illustrations & Prayer

I love to hear stories (illustrations) because I feel like they mirror our lives. They present choices, surprises, mystery and adversity. The main character learns big lessons--or not. For better or worse, whether we realize it or accept it; we're part of an exciting narrative; big story or little - the great act of God gives an amazing context to each illustration.
Special Note:
We will hear many many stories about Jerry Falwell's life today at his Funeral.l......as we grieve with Macel, Jonathan, Jerry, Jr., Jeane and the amazing grandkids, in-laws, and everyone that knew him, over the loss of Jerry Falwell who also was a dear friend to us... I request prayer from you for all events. One of the great things about Jerry is that he was an avid prayer warrior and he always said "Nothing of eternal consequence happens apart from prayer." Prayers avail much. There would not be enough space on this computer to illustrate all I have to say regarding prayer. Great subject...to be continued at a later blog.

2 comments:

Geneva said...

Prayer is such a wonderful thing and certainly not used enough!! The Falwell family and friends are in my prayers today.
I’m trying to pray now every time I get annoyed – who knew it was that often!! Maybe it’s the weather or maybe it’s Satan’s attack but I am having a REALLY hard time keeping a meek and quiet spirit. I’m trying to just get even by praying for that person instead!!
Hugs & Prayers,
Geneva

Carol Donnelson said...

Thank you Geneva. We watched his funeral - what a fabulous welcome home to heaven for such a great man. And to think and be grateful for my Father-in-Law leading Jerry to Christ and being his Pastor in 1956 ff years.!
Prayers avail much even in attacks when trying to trip us up! I fully rely on I John 5:14-15 - ..."This is the confidence that we have in Him....asking anything according to His will we know that we have ther petitions that we desire of Him." Because of the confidence we have in Him, this "person" giving you difficulty will be turned over to God and at that point handles the situation! Praise Him for victory! Thanks so much for your comments this day!