Wednesday, May 9, 2007

CARING THOUGHTS REGARDING MOTHER'S DAY...

I hope we don't get so wrapped up in nonessential stuff this Mother's Day that we forget to really enjoy ourselves - because it will be over before we know it. Live now and enjoy it! I can remember the year 2000 when I read in my Prayer Journal "It was a perfect Mom/Momma's Day" - our son calls me "Mom" and Daughter calls me "Momma." It doesn't matter what they call me - I know beyond a shadow or doubt that they love me and have shared that love - something to count on FOREVER! They and their Father have been the single biggest influences in my life! I have superb memories of love, laughter, and tears of joy as I reread cards and comments they have made to "Mom" or "Momma." I call them KODAK moments - and even though they are still here (the Kodak moments) I am proud - so proud to wear my new yellow t-shirt this year ---- "World's Best Mom" and cherish great memories of the Mary Engelbreit book called "Mother o' Mine" that they got me that year! I've decided to make every moment count with them, relishing each Mother's Day as if there would never be another. Breathe a great joy of being a Mom - Let go - remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure - TODAY! Happy Mother's Day early!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to celebrating Friday night as a Mom - that's for sure! And I know one thing for sure - we are all going to have a SUPER TIME! The ladies of LC have gone all out for us!!!! Today I honor both the mothers whose shoulders we've stood on and the daughters who will one day stand tall on ours.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You gotta just love to death any mom/momma who has the guts to wear her yellow World's Best Mom shirt! I absolutely love it when I get stuff that says that from my kids too, but I am not sure I am confident enough in myself to actually wear a shirt that says that! As always Carol you are a delight and inspiration. Maybe we should all be made to wear them on Mother's Day just so we all feel that special.
Now for those of you who feel you aren't doing enough character training with your children, read below and I think you will find you are probably doing more than you realize:) I know I have taught these traits using sometimes these exact words with my kids and I am confident all of you can relate in some way. Ha ha!

Cleanliness: "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside - I just finished cleaning!"

Religion: "You had better pray that will come out of the carpet."

Logic: "Because I said so, that's why."

Planning: "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

The circle of life: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Geneva said...

I can't wait until Friday either! I am ready to be home, to hear my kids calling me mom, to attend our lovely Mother/Daughter banquet and to see my husband! Being away from home sure makes you realize how precious it is to be surrounded by family!

Carol Donnelson said...

What a great thing to wake up to. Cheryl, I'm convinced - we do need laughter! Chuckling is better! & Cackling makes the group listening want to laugh!!!
Geneva: Cheer on and I appreciate your Marketing Strategy for the big Event Friday night! By the way, the Attendee list is getting larger. I thought you'd enjoy hearing that! You two sound like Super Moms!