Sunday, May 27, 2007

Decisions

Each day God gives me a challenge. (I actually ask for it!) Today's is disciplining myself to flourish in God by making advanced decisions about my spiritual life. Of course I am making an advanced decision about being in Church today. Instead of making 52 decisions to go to Church each Sunday, we made ONE many, many years ago! And I'm going to read my Bible, pray, journal, and spend time face-to-face with God, and seek to love. I was thinking - wait a minute, these are commitments, decisions that are not up for grabs depending on how I feel at the given moment. Just making the advanced decision(s), it is going to be much easier to follow through. I told a dear Lady yesterday....do whatever it takes right now to make marriage mutually satisfying and work by facing conflicts as they arise. Mark on the calendar "new growth...a better decision." I believe by making the right decision and experiencing a little discomfort, the whole rest of the day, even years would be better. This is delayed gratification as it pertains to decisions. When it comes right down to that moment when all of those emotions and voices are converging, it is easy to cave in. (Re: Even a decision about exercising) That's what I mean by advanced decision-making. It's already been decided, so don't even think about it. These little signals don't change the fact that I have already made a decision and that is nonnegotiable. See ya in Church - my husband is ending the "Elijah Series" today with biblical answers to depression.

No comments: