Sunday, August 19, 2007

There's Always Room For Chickens

Okay....many many years ago a Pastor's wife told me to start collecting something or in the ministry, the gifts that people give you will be a vast array of odds n' ends. So I thought about it and decided that chickens (hens and roosters) would be really great to collect. Over the thirty-six years of "ministry" I have every conceivable chicken one can imagine. I even have a scotch tape dispenser that's a chicken! This summer when the grandkids and I went to the Container Store they got me a chicken key ring that has each one of their pics in it.....would you believe I have never had a chicken calendar until yesterday when a lady at our church brought me one. She said they were giving them away free at the dollar store and she scrambled through the crowd to get it for me. As we used to say in Oklahoma "You can't beat that with a stick!" One can imagine the chicken magnets I have.....wow! I even have a chicken address book.

One more thought re: chickens...one of my friends who lives in Maine came to visit her Son here and we went shopping....she got me a chicken bracelet which I'm going to wear today to church. My special day is quickly approaching - I have a younger sister and a neice that were born on the same day and two other sisters born on the day before.....so my Mom would just make one chocolate delicious cake and start with the oldest and take candles off as we all celebrated the August birthdays!!!

Ecclesiastes says a "time to be born....." Being from a large family, I honestly must admit I do enjoy birthday time to the max (& I never have been a selfish person) but since not being around the fam. for a looooonnnnng time, I'm going to celebrate in tons of joy!!!!! For now, gotta get ready for the great Church Service we have at LC. At Q&A afterwards, our menu is super delicious wraps, homemade quacomale sauce and brownies made by a lady who gets up early to bring them......they still are warm from the oven!!!! My husband is continuing a Series on I Peter but makes it very relevant to TODAY'S living......it's never boring, believe you me! See you there....10 a.m.!

No comments: