Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back in Time

One day without blogging is as a kazillion years...but, for my birthday I was given tickets to see a Play "Night The Music Died" .....it brought me back in time to my teen years when Buddy Holly was my one of my favorite Rock N' Rollers. It was the story of Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Dion & the Belmonts and Ritchie Valens and their music. The Actors did a phenomenal job and I relived my teen years for sure!!! It was extraordinary and the Actors even stood in a receiving line to meet the crowd! Seeing the dances by the girls and guys "mashed potatoe" "twist" "fly" and "jitterbug" brought back in time really just as it was! They even had a live Rock N' Roll band. We got back about Midnight (that in and of itself was back in time...) my parents would always scold me if I was one half a second past midnight coming home! Back in those days we didn't get grounded, we just had more chores added to our list of "You had better do These." Awesome, awesome Play!

Thanks for the comments, Mary and Geneva. All is well!

This is still an amazingly incredible birthday week and I'm sure when I pick up our mail, I will still be celebrating....(there's about 1/3 of the b-day cake) left to eat, presents to arrive, and phone calls to return. ..it has made my week with each one of my kids and grandkids calling --wow! (that was phenomenal!!!) each one expressing how happy they were that it was my birthday and giving their wishes! Wow!.. That made me feel like the happiest Mom and Grandma ever!!!! What tremendous caring kids...and so very thoughtful! And those of you who called or sent a card and remembered me......I get teary eyed every time I think of it!!!! I don't feel a year older...but my husband asked me how do I feel? I feel very happy, lovestruck, ecstatic, overwhelmed that all this happens to ME and confident this is going to be a great year......on top of all that I even feel younger!!! We met some awesome couples at the Bed & Breakfast (that was one of my awesome presents) that we stayed in and they asked me and my husband where I got all my energy? He said "I can definitely tell you, it's real and she wakes up happy every day, is a very caring, loving person with a lot of enthusiasm." Some of my random thoughts would be: I do not dwell on the negative, therefore the energy is directed toward positive goals, love, (some exercising), reading the Bible, just enjoying LIFE! and of course, looking for A-ha moments and extreme gratefulness!

No comments: