Friday, May 7, 2010

TODAY: National Day of Prayer & Our Granddaughter's Birthday!!

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Let’s take time to focus our attention on praying for our Nation.

I pray today for God's mercy to be on the Haiti people and Tennessee and the so sad flooding. I know they are suffering great losses from the flooding. I pray the Lord shows Himself strong and faithful to these awesome people. It is a disaster. Oh God, please provide abundantly for those who have lost their homes and possessions.

I pray that those who are hurting will turn to You and be comforted for whatever their issues are THIS DAY.

Then today is our Granddaughter's birthday! She is such an adorable person; so sharp, full of tremendous energy and I could sit and watch or listen to her all day...she is always so cool and since day 1 she was born on this day, she has always been so full of life, joy and fun. She labeled this: "Shop 'til you drop day." And believe you me, when we had our Shop 'til you drop day (I think it was when she was double digit as she called it 10 years of age, two years ago). Anyway, we literally dropped at the Mall door, we were so pooped! I'm so excited for her; she deserves an awesome, cool birthday and we'll be celebrating with her tonight...can't wait!

If you would like to leave a prayer request for National Day of Prayer, please feel free to. I know more will be of e-mail, because some are timid about leaving a post, but have a day of God hearing your prayer as we all share this sacred day!

No comments: