Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Real Friend!!!

Yesterday I received a card from what I would consider a REAL FRIEND!

It stated a person who can look, but a friend sees the heart, understands your dreams. That hit me between the running lights. "Understands my dreams?" What is my dream? I don't even know! It made me start thinking to at some time write down my dreams and what I want in life. I know, but I've never written them down. At that point I will share with her, my real friend, and see if she understands. Trust me, she will understand, because I know the challenges and triumphs she has been through and I could rest assure, I've had a spell of those same challenges!

Friends understand because they have been through it also!

I have another DEVOUT friend and number one in my life....yesterday she sent an incredible e-mail and shared some great news regarding a task she is doing beyond the call of duty to not only do her daily job at work, but taking care of a relative who could not have made it without her encouragement to get well from serious surgery she had. She shared with me, "she could be on her own" but another relative will take over, to share her part....folks that's a friend!

Oh, my list could go on and on....God help me see I have friends who care and want me to be blessed. I love being their friend also!!!!!! whoowhoooo!!! Yea for them!!!!

2 comments:

Geneva said...

Friends are a gift from God!!! Thank you God for the beautiful friends you have put in my life! :)
Hugs & Prayers,
Geneva

Carol Donnelson said...

Geneva:

What is your definition of a friend?

My actual definition is "when everyone else walks out, she is still there through thick and thin." I count you and your hubby as friends who are there through thick and thin. We go back pretty far!!! : )

Hugs, Prayers, and Blessings!