Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our Call To Prayer

No one could ever read the Bible and not notice its emphasis on prayer! From the opening pages of the Bible to its closing chapters, men and women of faith are heard crying out to God. Ineed, whole prayers are recorded for us word for word. Jeremiah 33:3; James 1:5; Matthew 7:7.

Do we really commune with the God of our Universe? He's our Sovereign and our Father!!!! He's the one who will never leave you nor forsake you.

I believe prayer nurtures our trust in God. A good father would never neglect his children and neither does our Heavenly Father. I have to pray regularly and boldly! I just decide that I will set aside some portion of time each day - alone - for prayer. That time can be 5, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes or more. I dedicate these minutes to the sacred path of prayer. I'll apply the same two principles to prayer that I use for Bible reading time.

Something is better than nothing.

And I would suggest, Always aim for more. Just think...it's You and God and you know He is with you intervening for you. I cannot live without it!

No comments: