Thursday, March 6, 2008

Where Did The Hot Water Go?

...this is a caring blog straight from the heart.......

For a few weeks now, we've been noticing the hot water in the shower or tub diminishing.....hmmmm - where did it go? Yesterday while my hubby was gone for his annual physical, I heard water running....I checked both bathrooms and the kitchen sink....no water running...of all places I heard water running in the actual room (of its own) where the water heater is located. Not a good sight! There was four inches of water running from who knows where but spilling out all over the two carpeted rooms beside it.

Evidently, the Plumber says something fell from the off/on pipe and it just kept running...it had to go somewhere! We've had this same Plumber since 1991, so we valued his knowledge of fixing it! Oh, it will be fixed but if you have not had a Plumber for a while prices have changed drastically! I negotiated a price with him; his Supply Water Heater vs. Home Depot and Lowes. It's ludicrous the Labor Charges because all new pipes have to be drilled in to the outside....My husband verified that he is giving us a fair price.....but I promise you, I'm still gasping at the astronaumatical way the prices have changed since a couple of years ago. + it calls for City inspection.

Looking on the positive side; at least we will have a tub and shower full of hot running water and believe you me, that is worth it!!!! Hot Water is such a healer and when you wonder where it went or was going...that's worse -- I was definitely born a curious person and I can't tell you how many times I asked my husband the famous question "Where is all the hot water going?" Guess I found out....

Okay I'm ready to keep a meek and quiet spirit today while the Plumber and his helper fix the disaster....because they do charge by the hour.....okay ladies....I will need your prayers on this one...don't worry I can do it...trust me! The happy feeling of a longer hot shower definitely outweighs the excruciating barely enough hot water!!!

Here's some more info re: this yucky event: Some of the water had to be totally drained by a hose connected to the water heater. This is the second new water heater we've had to have, and according to our expert Plumber, will be the last! My husband is a the #1 and I do mean #1 Fixer-upper....my man can FIX ANYTHING...but I become very obedient when he says "Let the Plumber fix this one!"

No comments: