Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Good Friday, also called Holy Friday or Great Friday, is the Friday preceding Easter Sunday. It commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus at Calvary.

A lot of people plant certain flowers on this day. I can remember when I was growing up, my Dad was a brilliant mechanic as well as a Horticulturist and on Good Friday he always planted hybiscus.

I think Good Friday is a great time to reflect. It gets me in the Easter Spirit thinking about my Christianity and what gratitude I owe for the crucified Christ.

Each and every one are definitely invited to attend Easter Services on Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. You are very welcome and we'd love to see you, your family, and whomever you bring.

Have a blessed Good Friday and make it a good one!

No comments: