Monday, March 3, 2008

....what an awesome grandson!

First of all, I want to say we were all so happy my husband was back in the pulpit!

Secondly, not only did I thoroughly enjoy the blessings and fabulous compliments on being the "Chef" for the spaghetti and meat sauce lunch at church, but we had our grandson for the weekend!

Thirdly, I count it a privilege to blog a super weekend with our Grandson! Who said six year olds (oooops.."7 Grandma" he says)aren't so very smart! He'll be 7 pretty soon! Being the Chef meant getting up earlier for the event and as we carried all the "kitchen stuff" as he called it, into the church, I did not have to tell him one thing to do.........HE HAS REALLY LEARNED THE CHARACTER QUALITIES RESPONSIBLITY AND INITIATIVE!

When he got out of the car, carrying his sack of donut holes (this is a must when he comes to Grandma's), he also carried (on his own) another item; opened the door for me, and stood by the front door church to open it again until I carried my stuff in. We actually had to make 3 trips to the car and church and each time, he was a precious little gentleman and respect for Grandma, and said "What else, Grandma?"
Now, as we said in Oklahoma...... you can't beat that one with a stick!

When he began outgrowing his toys at our home, he gave them to the Church Nursery; so off he went to play with the wagon full of legos. He stacked them very high and none came tumbling down! This next "brag" is great! After church and the ladies had cleaned everything up, he asked me if he was supposed to carry anything to the car (on his own). I do have bragging rights being the Grandma of this very cool Grandson. He also "slept like a log" at G & G's; I'm sure his week will be a good one - I know our's will be----I loved it when he asked his famous question on Friday...."Grandma can we go to Chuck E. Cheese?" I'll let you guess the answer to that!

added note: Next Sunday, March 9 is TIME CHANGE....Spring forward 1 hr.

No comments: