Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Tribute To Aunt Billie

.....if only I could know more about how to post pics, videos or whatever on blogs...one of these days I'll sit down and take the time to learn.

In the meantime, I covet your prayers as we mourn the loss of my very favorite "Auntie" - Aunt Billie. She lived a philantrophic life; always volunteering to be a "Candy Striper" at the hospitals, taking flowers and cheering people up with her humor, and wanted no praise. The community in Missouri ALL knew her! I believe she has lived to be almost 90 beautiful years of age, and all of Heaven now welcomes this lovely lady.

She and Uncle Rheble, her hubby of course, were exceptional and truly mentors as we raised our kids way back in the 70's. They had no children of their own, but KNEW THE ANSWERS. And they thought we were the greatest parents in the entire world becaue our kids behaved so well! Uncle Rheble claimed my husband as his phenomenal "nephew." And Aunt Billie claimed me as a neice who "hung the world." Actually Aunt Billie was my Dad's Sister so she was my "for real" Aunt. But, Uncle Rheble gloated over my husband; I'm sure that's where I learned true, trusting love and respect for my hubby!

Aunt Billie passed away Thursday night at exact midnight. Uncle Rheble passed on about ten years ago. What a Saint she was! She wrote "puns" for the newspaper and she knew exactly what to say that fit the ocasions! My Sister e-mailed me re: her loss. All during the night, I awakened with precious thoughts of her and what a legacy she left for my life! I can honestly say, I cannot find one bad word to say about her.....she always bragged on us ALL THE TIME, and when we went to visit her, would let us know face to face how smart, intelligent, and wise we were! The heighth of encouragement. We'll enjoy the pics we have in our family albumn and thank God for such a fabulous Aunt!

No comments: