Sunday, March 9, 2008

Is The Church Relevant?

Sure we have rock music, relevant sermons, (truly Bible-based) and great illustrations of how our lives can be victorious, but do we walk out of Church and really live a life of love, commitment, and honor to God? I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately....are we coming to church, putting on the "fake face" (terribly hurting inside, wishing someone would please care?) I can honestly say from the standpoint of where I sit this subject could provoke a lot of discussion.

What's your take on this?

I believe each person that walks in our church today will be looking to see if the walk matches the talk. They'll know we are Christians by our love and kind acts. Relevant? Absolutely....I can tell you one thing for sure....my husband, being the Pastor spends hours of studying to give a possible 30 minute messge and he bases it totally on the BIBLE and the way he teaches is that it is all relevant to what we go through on a week by week, day by day basis!

This morning is our W.O.W. Women of Worth (MOM spelled upside down) and I guarantee we will talk about a relevant subject: "Trust" The ladies will be given a time of voicing their opinion with no fear of being judged or citicized. This is our only W.O.W. class for March, due to Easter and the 30th being on Sunday. See ya at 9! By the way I see the 'puter is not up to time yet....right now on my other clocks which we changed last night....it is 6:19, not 5:19 as this blog time says.

No comments: