Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Country Vs. City Folk - Random Thoughts

I'm convinced there are some differences.

What they are, I'm sure yet. It's probably taxing my brain to figure out because of the fact that we'll be grieving over the great loss of my Aunt Billie. My two cousins on my Dad's side of the family were there. Super phenomenal people! I hadn't seen them for over twelve years. Some of the neices of Aunt Billie's on her husband's side were there and we got to visit with them the day before the funeral.

I wish I could express in this blog the tremendous legacy Aunt Billie has left behind! Truly awesome! And she received a golden award for volunteering over twelve hundred hours for the Hospital Auxiliary! And about fourteen of the Auxiliary Women were there, who stood and worked right along beside her and to share their great loss as well as our's was such a blessing and very caring people!

I guess I have country and city in me....I enjoyed all the food, the getting up later, and the warm, friendly, hospitable, nice remarks. I was raised in the country, but as the saying goes, "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!" So, I probably have more country in me.

That seemed to be the topic of conversation "We live way out in the country."

No comments: