Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Favorite Holiday

Why is Thanksgiving my favorite?????

The greatest joy and happiness I hold dearest is to be thankful.

Being grateful.

I cannot even begin to say the countless many many birthday parties, shower events, wedding receptions, etc. I've been to where the receiving of gifts has been given and the recepient never even bothered to say "Thank You." I know the world is full of "Takers" but come on.....a simple "thank you" would have been so great to hear.

Are we supposed to acknowledge to the person who sent a thank you....thanks for the thank you note???? Hmmmmmmmmmm Anybody have an answer????? Yesterday I took a thank-you note in person to my friend who did my facial for my big day Sunday. (She even came over to the church and "dolled me up" and then attended the Ceremony.) And she said "Carol this is so sweet of you to bring me a thank you note the day after." It couldn't be quick enough for me. My hairdresser even came real early to the church to give me a gift of fixing my hair so pretty!!! Wow! I am so grateful. Yes, I will even be sending out Thank You's to my family who gave so much of their time ...... the list goes on and on.

It shouldn't stress ANYONE out to take a minute out of their day and say "Thank You." Okay I'm getting rouled up, but pla----eeeeeze.....either take a small gift as a token of appreciation even for Thanksgiving dinner you receive from your family or whomever and please remember to say Thank You. I wish I could begin a Global Campaign to remind everyone to be thankful!!!!

Our kids and grandkids always thank me and it gives me great joy because they are so grateful. I'm so glad I have a family that cares. My heart is blessed. These are truly my caring thoughts........Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known." Happiest of Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

No comments: