Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Kids Teach Parents In Later Years

Wow! I could blog on this all day! Several ocasions I have been privileged to speak at Women's Retreats, Pastor Wife's Functions, etc. of course. I love to give illustrations of lessons learned in my own life. I can only say with so much gratitude I cannot thank God enough for what I've learned from our kids (total grown ups and sooooo intelligent in whatever they say).....would it be proper to say, they teach me what is going on, taking place, in this particular TIME in events, the world, in other words....they are cool!!!! And me, not wanting to be behind times, I listen intently! I love and am so challenged by their words of wisdom! Believe you me, from where I sit, I see parents still wanting to control their kids' lives even at ages past 20!!! To that, I would say get with the program parents.....given them respect, listen to them for a change; they have splendid ideas, gifted encouragement, and highly successful human relation experiences!!!!

I know I will be challenged on this because most parents think God created them to always tell their kids what to do forever.....WRONG parents.....we are to enjoy, have fun with, listen to their thoughts and ideas, and all-inclusive be happy for how much intelligence they have to offer. I want to know our kids' opinions and what they are thinking. If they don't want to give it, that's entirely up to them, but I believe strong, loyal, great families come forth when their opinion is chipped in. I do admonish all kids to have utmost respect for the parents; but I favor loyalty and trust and thank God for their love and "teachings" to me! Life is too short to harbor grudges, unforgiveness, and all the negativity. Stay positive!!! I trust my kids explicity; they will not do me wrong!!! One last thought: I cannot even thank God enough for what our Kids (all included) have done for us through the years in their adult lives.....we are blessed beyond belief! Thanks from the bottom of my heart kids!!!

No comments: