Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas

Most of Christmas focuses on Christ's birth, but can also be extended beyond Chrismas to keep us focused on His return.

When I think of Christmas, I think of beautiful candles lit, His manger scene, giving gifts, decorations, sharing, worship, gatherings and most of all the time spent with immediate family and, of course, whatching the grandchildren's eyes and response when they see the decorations, gifts, and are so very precious in all they do to make Christmas so exciting, joyful, and their spirit is always so very uplifting!!!!

A lady who has been keeping up daily reading of my blog called me yesterday and said "Please make sure you tell everyone how far along you are with Christmas?" Of course she was on the answering machine, so I didn't get to respond. But I am happy to announce: I'M FINISHED WITH ALL DECORATIONS!!! Yup.....DONE! The tree is even up and looks magnificant! (My husband keeps complimenting how gorgeous it is!!) Then I have the flickering lighted snowman out in the yard, with the beautiful lit candy canes in the stone pathway in the yard! How do I feel? Relieved....not an awesome task this year for some reason!!!!

Now, I can sit back and enjoy what I love to do most....the giving of gifts.

I would give one word of admonishment. Stay calm when you unravel the light cords...it can get pretty frustrating....trust me...they will unwind, if you'll just let patience run its course!!!!!

No comments: