Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting In The Spirit Of Christmas

Last Sunday some of the ladies ask me how I get in the spirit of Christmas? I said "Probably by Wednesday of this week, I'll begin to feel the spirit, so please read my blog."

It's Wednesday, of course, and I am right on target....yesterday my husband and I went to the church and finished straightening tables, etc. from our 40th Anniversary event and we both looked at each other and said, "Well, Christmas is fast approaching." We decided to go into the Worship Center and bow before the Lord in prayer and thank Jesus for being the reason for the Season first of all!!! I love that phrase.....and am so grateful for His birth!

This morning I got up fairly early (earlier...ugh) and I started with Step #1:
....which is.....where do we put the tree? That means moving some furniture...okay...that's done...then Step #2: Open the closet where the decor is.....well, that looks like nothing is broken...so that begins my Spirit of Christmas (oh, I put Christmas music on softly as to not awaken my hubby.)

So, that begins the start of the spirit of Christmas for me......how about you?
Oh, I want to mention Step #3: Stay organized. My husband cannot stand clutter or chaos on purpose......sooooo bringing all the stuff out of the closet and shed at once would not be a good thing. Remember the "C" word....consideration for the other person as the home is being rearranged......am I in the spirit???? Kind of/sort of....I'm sure that will not be a problem...it's already begun in my heart!!!

No comments: