Friday, October 19, 2007

I Cratered....Random Thoughts/Candy Corn

For my husband's b-day (in September), I wrapped his present with corn candy (Brach's)........the best in the whole world! It was a small bag (9 oz.). It was been unopened because he said if it opens, he'll end up eating the whole pkg. in one setting!

Rest of story.......last night for supper I fixed his favorite meal; tender steak, baked potato and steamed cauliflower. That being a lot of carbs, I decided since we didn't have any cookies or sweets.......I would open the candy corn.....so I cratered. As I was quietly opening it, he appeared! He was so surprised because normally I NEVER WANT SWEETS....you can scrape me off the ceiling, especially since I have enough energy for today, tomorrow, and the next day!

That candy corn was so sweet, I don't think either one of us will want ANY candy for the duration!!!! It's going to be very tempting since I OPENED IT....Betcha can't just eat one....I ate four and he ate four, believe it or not. He put the leftovers back in the bag!

It added some humor, we stayed awake discussing why do we always want candy corn at Halloween?? Or, is it just in the fall???? Here's a thought....eating candy corn that late at night is not worth the consequences.... sleep deprivation.......oh well, it won't be the first time I've lost sleep, but rest assured, I will make it up!!! A good thought: Rest assured I will remain sweet and sensitive, eating just one candy corn was like a spoonful of honey; actually the main ingredient is pure honey....it says so on the package! ahhhhh - sweetness....have an awesome and sweeter than ever Friday! I know I will!!!!..........(Be SWEET, that is!)

No comments: