Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Forgiveness Means The Slate Is Wiped Clean

Why is it there is such a difficult decision to forgive?

After hurt, we will never feel ready to forgive someone. I find my answer in Matthew 18 regarding forgiveness and the example of Jesus.

The more quickly we begin the process as He mentioned, we do not allow pain to dominate our being.

It's up to us to take the first step. The journey ends when "Yes" is given. I believe the slate is wiped clean; history; no more; gone.

Forgiveness is not a feeling; it's a fact that WE MUST FORGIVE AND FORGET! I am not a grudge carrier. I've seen some people that will not let the past be forgotten. I'm a "Visionary Person" - I visually see in my mind a clean slate (God also saying to forgive 70 X 70, why bring it up?)

I hope you have many many victories in forgiving others. I think about how gracious others have been to me regarding bloops, blunders, and mess-ups; therefore, I forgive quickly and lovingly.

Starting all over is the greatest joy one can experience!!! Begin that journey. Today is a great day to simply forgive.

No comments: