Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Green Thumb

I've been told by our beloved daughter that I have a green thumb! If it's possible to inherit something from daughter to Mom, then I got it from her. But for my birthday she got me the most gorgeous gardenia "tree" plant. What's really weird is that according to Martha Stewart's office, where she sent it from.....gardenias are supposed to bloom in Spring.....hello - there are six absolutely gorgeous gardenia flowers that burst out just in one day! It's like she just bundled up a whole new present and sent me a flower bouquet!!!! The smell of the gardenias is heavenly!

Back to the green thumb. Repotting plants is not my forte. But I can see I am going to have to make myself repot.....ugh.....some plants I have definitely need repotting. I'll have to do it. She says when a plant gets pot bound, it will whither away and soon be gone. I sure don't want that to happen. Well, it's off to the shed for bigger clay pots (I hope I have some) and doing the dreaded task. They are beautiful plants (6 to be exact) and make rooms so lovely. It's kind of like watching our grandkids grow...you see them one day and the next week, they look at least a foot taller. Growth is healthy and I do enjoy healthy plants.....I really do! Guess I also will accept the fact that I HAVE A GREEN THUMB! Thanks dear daughter for always encouraging me to repot, pamper, and love those plants! I have to tell about the time she planted fabulous morning glories (purple) in our yard and after four years of those magnificent plants and other periannuals in our yard, they grow every year so very lovely and definitely enjoyable.

That reminds me. We're getting ready to give the front yard a "makeover." Might as well, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride......have a super Wednesday! and remember to thank God for all His provisions as well as lovely, lovely flowers, plants, buses, greenery, trees and awesome landscaping yards, indoor plants, and for sure a green thumb!!! :-)

No comments: